MY EB5 GREEN CARD REGIONAL CENTER
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
- What is the EB-5 Program?
- Who is eligible to receive a EB5 Green Card?
- What are some of the benefits of owning a EB5 Green Card?
- What is the minimum amounts of an EB-5 Investment?
- Other costs
- Does it matter where the money comes from?
- How long must my money be invested to get my Green Card?
- What is the required investment to qualify for an EB-5 Visa?
What is the EB-5 Program?
- The EB5 program (Fifth Employment Based Preference) is immigration’s most direct and fastest pathway to U. S residency and citizenship. The EB5 program is approximately 30 yrs. old and was started under the Immigration Act of 1990.
- Its sole purpose is to help stimulate the U.S economy by attracting foreign investment capital into the U.S to invest into the development of New Commercial Enterprises (NCE)and Job Creating Projects (JCP) that will result in the creation of at least 10 permanent (35 hrs./wk.) American jobs per investor. The reward to the Investor is the issuance of the American Green Card to he and his qualified family members.
- The program is overseen by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), a Division of the Department of Homeland Security.
- Under the program, certain EB-5 visas (up to 10,000 annually) are set aside for investors in EB5 projects sponsored by regional centers designated as such by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- To date, the EB5 Program has resulted in the investment of billions of dollars in new capital and the creation of hundreds of thousands in new American jobs…. it’s truly a “Win-Win” program for those who participate.
Who is eligible to receive a EB5 Green Card?
Any foreign national can be eligible for the EB-5 Visa Program so long as they can satisfy the requirements set for in the program. It does not matter which country you are a citizen of.
This also includes all members of the EB5 Investor’s immediate family which includes spouse and all children, under the age of 21 yrs., at the time of filing their I-526 petition.Back to Index
What are some of the benefits of owning a EB5 Green Card?
- Permanent residency status in the United States. Apply for U.S citizenship in 5yrs.
- Freedom from political prosecution and political unrest.
- Freedom of travel in and out of U.S and live and work anywhere in America.
- Freedom to start and own your own business.
- Access to the world’s best education for your children, for FREE, from grades 1st thru 12.t.h
- Access to earning scholarships and financial aid to attend America’s many colleges and universities.
- Access to American social programs such as social security.
- Participate in the world’s strongest economy where the American currency is stable and value of individual assets remain consistent.
- Access to quality medical care and treatment
- Enjoy all the many additional benefits enjoyed by all Americans
What is the minimum amounts of an EB-5 Investment?
The EB-5 program requires the investor to invest a minimum of $900,000 or $1.8 million subject to the following conditions:
- $900,000—If the investment is located in a Targeted Employment Area (TEA), which is a high unemployment area or, is in a qualified rural area, which is an area outside a metropolitan statistical area (MSA) or has a population of less than 20,000. EB-5 defines a high unemployment area as an area where the unemployment rate is 150% of the national average.
- $1.8 million—If the project is NOT located in a TEA or rural area
Consist of the payment of an administrative fee of $50,000 to cover marketing, legal, documentation preparation and administrative expenses.Back to Index
Does it matter where the money comes from?
Yes, each investor is required to provide documentation and tax returns to prove that the funds were obtained in a legal and lawful manner. Also, transfers into the escrow account must show the source of funds to the investor.Back to Index
How long must my money be invested to get my Green Card?
The length of time depends on the following factors:
- The amount of time it takes USCIS to approve your I-526 petition (currently averaging 20-24 months) plus,
- The amount of time it takes before you must file your I-829 petition which is 24 months after approval of your I-526 petition; plus,
- The length of time before the maturity of your EB5 investment, typically 5 years.
Taking these time frames into account, the quickest time would be no sooner than the maturity of your investment, 5 years. However, it is important to note that you start receiving the majority of the benefits of a green card holder and being a U.S resident once you receive approval of your I-526 petition and you receive your “conditional” green card.Back to Index
What is the required investment to qualify for an EB-5 Visa?
In order to qualify under the EB-5 investor visa program, the investor is required to invest $900,000 in existing enterprises in USCIS designated regional centers or targeted employment areas; or $1.8 million in new commercial enterprises in any part of U.S.Back to Index